This is an access statement for Snow and Rose Cottages.
These 2 cottages do have some advantages for guests with mobility issues but they are not graded in any special way and all worktops, bathroom fitting beds and chairs are standard heights.
Dogs are welcome in both cottages.
We urge all guests who are concerned about the suitability of our cottages for their break with us to speak to us personally on 01787 211 115 and we will give all the help we can in finding the ideal cottage for you.
Dimensions of access for Rose and Snow Cottages
Both cottages are on one level and have ample parking in the private courtyard where if specially required guests can park their cars.
Both cottages have TV /radio/ cd and are completely self-contained and are inclusive of towels, bedding and a generous welcome breakfast pack.
There is WiFi provided for guests but mobile signal is quite patchy, those with iphone’s can use the ‘call over WiFi’ feature on their phone to get good signal in the cottages.
We are living on the farm as well and happy for guests to use our phones.
There are maps and masses of information in the cottages plus all information on important emergency numbers like doctors, hospital, dentist, taxi and vets
Snow cottage is a ground floor cottage with one open plan living, dining room and kitchen.
The oven is under the worktop.
Leading out of this room is the bedroom and ensuit bathroom with oversized step in shower, the step is 4 inches to get in.
· Access from large gravel courtyard via pathway 32 inches wide.
· Courtyard to path height 2 ½ inches.
· Doorstep 2 ½ inches high.
· Front door 31 inches wide.
· Bedroom door 29 inches wide.
· Bathroom door 24 ½ inches wide.
· Shower 23 ½ inches wide.
· Shower is a large double size shower with no doors.
Rose cottage is a ground floor cottage with one open plan living, dining room and kitchen
The oven is under the worktop.
This cottage has a lovely open log fire who’s base is raised 70 CM off the ground.
Leading out of this room is the bedroom and bathroom beside the bedroom door, the bathroom has an oversized step in shower, the step is 4 inches to get in.
· Same access as Snow Cottage.
· Front door 26 ¾ inches wide or 52 if the double doors are opened.
· Bedroom door 28 inches wide.
· Bathroom door is 21 ½ inches wide.
· Bathroom shower is a large double size shower with no doors.
· This cottage also has a second entrance onto the front garden, there is a step out of 3 inches high and the outside path has steps of one inch and 4 inches.
From the entrance path you are in a gravel courtyard, the gravel is pretty compacted and gets more so as you go the 20 foot to the road, turn left on the road and there is a small gate back into the gardens with a mowed lawn and seating.
If you use the path around the cottages this has a number of small steps under 2 inches and 1 step 4 inches and one step 6 inches – these steps can be avoided by keeping on the grass.
It is a gravel courtyard and pea shingle path to the large Orchard and dog exercise area.
There are 0 images